Welcome to another edition of “Military Spouse Friday Fill-In” hosted by Wife of a Sailor. It’s been so great learning about and finding other MilSpouses. If you haven’t been to Wifey’s site, go check it out!
This week’s questions are from other MilSpouses around the blogosphere, so be sure to drop by their neighborhoods and say hello.
And the questions are:
1. What secret indulgence do you act on while your spouse is away? (from Devil Dog Darling)
Does an almost complete disregard for personal hygiene count as an indulgence?
As I’m writing this, it’s 11:11pm on Thursday and I have not yet brushed my teeth. I haven’t showered in several days and shaving is a mere memory. Actually, I prefer to think of it as “sympathy hygiene”. Though even in Afghanistan, my husband probably showers more often that I do.
I consider it an “indulgence” because, not only am I reveling in it, like a pig in mud, but it is completely out of character for me. But then, deployment does sometimes have a strange effect on me.
2. If you were a spice, what would you be? (from New Girl On Post)
Old Spice. No, Scary Spice! You know, because of the really bad breath? It’s scary!
Okay, okay. I’d probably be ginger: sharp, but, in the right mix, not unpleasant.
- My friend K has shared two deployments with me now and she knows where it’s at. It makes such a huge difference to have even one person around that understands how alienating an experience deployment can be.
- My husband. ‘Nuff said.
- My mom tries like crazy to help me with anything I need, deployment-related or not.
- Fellow bloggers. Your wonderful posts help me realize I’m not as crazy as I sometimes worry I am. Thanks!
My husband. (Just kidding, baby! Love you!)
Much of my furniture belonged to my grandparents and I think I also have my great-grandmother’s wedding dishes.
5. How did you vision your future pre-military? (from Daddy’s Duty)
At one point I thought I would be the crazy cat lady – single, but an amazing middle school teacher whose students kept her cutting-edge hip and young in spirit, if not in hair color.
‘Kay, I’m going to go brush my teeth now. Happy Friday, everyone!