Welcome to another edition of “Military Spouse Friday Fill-In” hosted by Wife of a Sailor. It’s been so great learning about and finding other MilSpouses. If you haven’t been to Wifey’s site, go check it out!
This week’s questions are from other MilSpouses around the blogosphere, so be sure to drop by their neighborhoods and say hello.
And the questions are:
1. Do you set goals for yourself during deployment? What are some of them? (from Military Mommy)
Setting goals is what helps me look at deployment as an opportunity rather than a calamity. My goals for this deployment are:
• Write! Not only to record our experiences during this time in our lives, but also, to just write. I never wanted to do anything else, yet over the years, it somehow became the thing I did the least.
• Be strong, cheerful and supportive instead of the whining, groveling, spineless, spoiled brat that I was during Deployment #1.
• Rebuild some muscle on my atrophied frame (can you say “desk jockey”?).
• Start building a “wish list” for our future house.
2. What would you say to someone dating a military guy or gal? (from Mothering Off the Cuff)
Good luck to you and the Red Sox.
No, I’m kidding. But, that is so situational that trying to come up with an all-purpose catch-phrase is causing system overload to my literal brain. The only thing I can think of is that being with someone in the military requires patience and the ability to accept that over which you have no control – two qualities that I absolutely do not possess!
3. If you have children, how do you prepare them to move to a new place? (from The Random Ramblings of A Household 6)
I don’t have kids and we’re NG, so we don’t PSC.
4. Name one hobby that gets you through alone time. (from My Sailor’s Mistress)
5. What’s the one food you don’t ever get tired of? (from That Army Wife Life)
Junkfood. I never get tired of making fun of it and marveling that people actually eat it.