A Prize Awarded
We have a winner for the “I Love Comments” giveaway!
Very cool! LOVE that apron!!
And I love comments, so keep ’em coming. Thank you all for reading and, of course, for commenting!
A Prized Award
Last week I received this blog award from the very sweet Mrs. K over at Mrs. K and Captain J:
I was flattered for two reasons:
1. Mrs. K is one of my newest bloggy crushes. She and her husband are currently stationed in Alaska and, although it is a far cry from her native Tennessee, Mrs. K is always ready for the next adventure.
2. It was my first-ever award! Thanks, Mrs. K!
Part of the deal for receiving the award is that I have to list seven things about myself. Here goes:
1. All eight of my great-grandparents were born in Italy.
2. I am the FRG leader for the southern branch of my husband’s National Guard unit. (We also have a northern branch since the families are spread all over the state.)
3. I hate to bake.
4. L.M. Montgomery is my heroine. She wrote Anne of Green Gables, but also many other amazing novels and stories, including Emily of New Moon and Jane of Lantern Hill (two of my favorites).
5. I read a lot of young adult fiction.
6. This is because I have the mentality of a young adult.
7. I wrote and illustrated my first (and only) book at age eight.
Part of the deal is also that I pass the award to 15 other bloggers.
I am breaking this part of the deal. I follow many wonderful blogs, but many of them have already received this award. And, as Mrs. K pointed out, the award becomes a lot more meaningful when it’s not tossed out freely like handfuls of candy from a parade float.
I may pass it on to one or two bloggers at some point, but right now it is past my bedtime, so forgive me if I hoard the award like a squirrel does acorns.
What’s with the similes?